Thursday, January 08, 2009

Mini flour sack dish towels


A few years ago, I made embroidered day-of-the-week flour sack dish towels for my 2 daughters and my daughter-in-law. They went over well and I know that one of my daughters uses hers all the time. They are decorative and also work very, very well for drying dishes.

This year I got to thinking about my granddaughter who has a toy kitchen, and I came up with the idea of making some mini flour sack dish towels for her. Then I thought a little more about it and realized she would probably want to actually use them for helping Mommy. And likely, her big brother might want one, too. So I made some.

For the regular flour-sack towels, I buy them in a multi-pack at Wal*Mart and then cut each one in half and hem the cut edges. For the mini towels, I cut them in quarters and then hemmed the cut edges before stamping on a transfer. I just used transfers I had on hand for these, and was very pleased with how cute they came out.

Do you have children or grandchildren who have a toy kitchen -- or who just like to help Mommy? These might be a fun idea for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!