Friday, January 05, 2018

A finished ornament


At long last, I have finished my cardinal cross-stitch ornament.  Excuse the shadow at the ornament's lower right.  I took five pictures and every one of them had a shadow.  This was the best of the five. 

This is actually just a little larger than I like in a tree ornament, so it may end up hanging elsewhere, like on a kitchen cabinet or baker's rack.  I'm not really thrilled with how my finish came out, but am happy to declare it finished!  One UFO off the list!

12 comments:

  1. I think it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee! Even though it took me a long time, I enjoyed working on it.

      Delete
  3. That is stunning. I'm very partial to cardinals right now as they are the state bird of Virginia. Did you use a kit? If so, could you add a link? Thank you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The title of the kit is Hope Ornament and it is Dimensions kit 70-08857. As I had emailed you, it seems to be a discontinued item ... I did find it on K-Mart's site, but not sure it's available there any more as they seem to be going out of business. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if you could find the kit on eBay or Etsy.

      Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful handiwork

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank, Vicki! It was fun to make.

      Delete
  6. Just discovered your blog via Arlene's! Love your cardinal and I look forward to browsing through your recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Carol! So happy to see you here! Hope you find some new recipes to try!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!