As I mentioned yesterday, I was really taken with this idea of packing a clean, unused paint can with all manner of Christmasy objects as a family gift. But I knew my own adaptation of it would need to involve a box or a large sack rather than a measly gallon can!
I really wanted to give my kids and grandkids some things that I had made, things they could bring out every Christmas season even after I’m gone, and say, “Mom (or Grammy) made these special things.” I also wanted to give these things to them near the end of November, so they could bring them out at the beginning of the Christmas season. I’ve been doing this for a couple of years now, and it has all blurred together in my mind which things I gave them in which years. But here are some of the things I’ve done:
* Handmade advent calendars
* Microwave popcorn with handmade Christmas wrappers
* Packets of hot chocolate, with handmade Christmas wrappers
* Holiday teas
* Handmade ornaments
* Hand-crocheted personalized stockings
* Cross-stitched bread cloths and hand towels with Christmas motifs
* Personalized Christmas address labels (designed and printed by me)
* Cookie cutters
* Christmas paper napkins
... and more!
Maybe others would be interested in adapting my ideas for their own families.
Oh, and ... there are only 4 more months until Christmas!