Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This year's tags from last year's cards



As I've mentioned before, I usually save Christmas cards for a year, keeping them corralled in a pretty wooden box so that (if I think of it) we can try and pull out a card every day and pray for the person who sent it. Good intentions that I seldom follow through on for very long.

When I take the previous year's cards out to put in the ones from the Christmas just past, I don't throw the old ones away, but instead get out some tag templates, scissors, cord or string, and paper punch to turn them into gift tags for the next Christmas. Here is the batch I made in January.
They're sort of all jumbled together, but you can get an idea of some of the pretty tags that were made from the cards.

There's something very therapeutic about playing with paper and scissors on a dreary winter day, don't you think so?

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I just might try that next year. Yes, I agree that there is something very therapeutic about doing some handiwork on dreary winter days. I recently had surgery & have been using some of my rest/recovery time to cross-stitch & plan some sewing projects. Now I'm back at work so we will see if I will follow through & get anything finished... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Ann,

    Good for you making such profitable use of your rest and recovery time! I hope you are doing well and feeling better since your surgery.

    Thanks for stopping in! See you next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!