Friday, June 16, 2017

From the May/June archives


Well, I never did get here to the Christmas kitchen to post any links to the May archives, as was my goal.  So I think I will put May and June links together in one post.  I haven't typically posted a lot in those months.  Recently I seem to have been saving most of my writing energy for Christmas in July posts. 

From the June 2010 archives, the following dish towel gift idea was fun to put together.

I simply love dish towels myself, and I love making them and embellishing them in various ways.  This is a nice gift for any time of year.

Same with this one from May 2013 -- Lego Sacks which are a very practical yet fun gift for kids and would be wonderful for a birthday or anytime.
Lego sack closed for storage
Lego sack opened for a play surface.  Just add Legos!
I've made quite a number of these, and they are so helpful for putting away the Legos when one is done playing with them for the moment.  Just pull the drawstrings to safely enclose the Legos, and hang it from a peg, doorknob or bedpost.  One of my granddaughters didn't think she needed a Lego sack, but when she saw how useful her brothers' sacks were, she changed her mind.

From May 2014, I chose Peppermint Brownies.  I said these were going on my tentative baking list for the coming Christmas, but of course I forgot. Hopefully for Christmas 2017!
Photo from Taste of Home
These look so good!

And lastly, from May 2016, Snowflakes on a Warm Day pictures some very unique vintage Christmas cards I recently found.
There are several more designs and they really are worth a look if you haven't seen them.

And that's it for this month's archive post!

3 comments:

  1. The Lego Sack is genius! We have lots and lots of Legos at our house for the grandkids and I'm always looking for efficient storage solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you make some of these, Vicki! They do work very well and are quite easy to make. The most difficult part to me is measuring and cutting the large circle which forms the sack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!