Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Rudolph Day for August


Rudolph Day fell on a Sunday this month and I really did nothing Christmasy on that day, being busy with other pursuits like church in the morning and a  hike to a lake in the afternoon.

But I have been working on a few Christmas gifts as Shutterfly free offers come along.  I can't say much about what I am making, but I will say I've made a few items similar to this:


A couple more Shutterfly packages arrived on Saturday, so I'm calling that my Rudolph day. 

It was a bit low-key this month, but I am thankful to have quite a bit of my Christmas shopping already taken care of!

9 comments:

  1. What?! You almost have all your Christmas shopping done? Amazing! You’re putting the rest of us to shame. 🙃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no no no, I just said "quite a bit". I do have two granddaughters completely taken care of, and a couple of others nearly done.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:04 PM

    What a nice ornament with your granddaughter's picture (I think?)
    I didn't do anything Rudolph either but I will be taking next Friday off so I will work on it there.
    Lucie at http://luludou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is Julia front and center in the pink with her siblings in the picture too. I wasn't thrilled completely with how that ornament turned out -- I thought the boys were way too close to the edge of the picture -- but it was a huge hit as a gift to my daughter and son-in-law last year!

      Delete
  3. Love the cut ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say "cut out", it kind of looks like I misspelled "cute"! Both words apply, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I love that ornament too.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE that ornament! I must do this with some old pictures I have. Thank you for sharing it, Mrs. T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty, Becki? I love how that photo tells an entire story. These ornaments would be lovely with black & white photos, too. They appear to be very high quality.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!