Wednesday, September 25, 2019

September's Rudolph Day


Suddenly it's September 25 -- Rudolph Day! 

I'm still trying to figure out where the year has gone, and September has flown by even more quickly than the previous 8 months.  It's crazy!  Still, here we are, and the few months remaining before Christmas must be used wisely. 

I'm planning to take my Christmas notebook along on an upcoming vacation, and will hope for some good planning time and for inspiration to strike. 

Some shopping has been done,  and I have the gifts for two grandchildren completely taken care of.  That helps a lot, but there are still quite a few to figure out. 

My Nevada daughter gave me the idea of making some felt food for the youngest grandchildren.  She mentioned that although there is plenty of felt food in their house, their youngest (soon to be 4) has no felt food of her own.  Which reminded me that my second youngest granddaughter (soon to be 5) has no felt food of her own either. 

So I'm going to do a few simple things, probably like these Felt Cinnamon Rolls ,

Crocheted Donuts,

and maybe some Christmas Cookies as well.

 All of these are very easy and are ones I've made before. 


When I went looking for some fresh ideas, I turned first to my Fun with Felt Pinterest board.

From there, I ended up at this new-to-me Etsy shop, Treehouse Patterns.  What amazing felt food patterns she has created!  These are downloadable pdf files, and I think they are very reasonably priced.  I bought 2, and am excited about making some of these felt goodies for my youngest granddaughters!

So, for our upcoming vacation, you can be sure some felt, thread, and patterns will be in my crafting bag.  Since I already have 1 other gift each purchased for these little ones, the felt food will finish off what's needed for their gifts.

I'm thinking that, other than some Shutterfly gifts already completed, and a few others planned, that the felt food will be the extent of my handmade gifts this year.  We will see!

How are you coming with your Christmas planning?  Are you making any handmade gifts?  Comment and let me know!



9 comments:

  1. I am still working on ornaments as gifts.. I try to work on them each weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Arlene! I have four personalized Shutterfly ornaments in my gift stash. 😊🎄

      Delete
  2. I'm coming along good with my planning. I will go to my local Hallmark store October 5th to pick up the rest of my ornaments. I'm done with two of my seven grands. I think I'm giving cash to the adult kids this year (unless they specifically ask me for something). The thing that I feel insecure about is the snowmen I'm making to put all the gifts in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're doing so well, Vicki! I'm sure the snowmen will turn out adorable, too!😊

      Delete
  3. Well my September Rudy day went right by me without stopping :(
    I've done felt food for my niece a few years back, fun and easy and so cute! They loved it.
    I have a few felt ornaments to make before Christmas for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your felt ornaments, Lucie! I love crafting with felt. 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late in thinking of Christmas this year. No littles to sew dolly dresses for. Someday I will revive that lovely tradition.
    What a wonderful life you are living! Enjoy each day. Be blessed!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cheery blog is a delight to read. Your felt food makes me hungry for a snack, but I haven't anything on hand as yummy-looking as your felt treats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!