Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fantabulous Flapjack Mix


Here's another favorite gift idea from my kitchen. I made this for all of the guys in my family one Christmas. They absolutely loved it and asked for refills when the mix was gone!

FANTABULOUS FLAPJACK MIX

4 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup nonfat dry milk
3 Tablespoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons cinnamon
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. (I prefer to
sift together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and cream of
tartar into the bowl -- it mixes them better -- then stir in the oats,
brown sugar and dry milk until well combined.) Place in an airtight
container until ready to use.

To make flapjacks, you need:
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup oil
2 cups flapjack mix
1 cup water

Blend together eggs and oil in a large bowl. Stir in the flapjack mix
alternately with the water, beginning and ending with mix. Pour batter
by 1/4-cupfuls onto lightly greased hot griddle. Cook until bubbles
form on top of pancakes, then turn and cook on the other side until
golden.

This pancake mix is simply wonderful! It makes a great gift -- you can
package it in a tin or in a zip-top plastic bag inside a cloth sack.
Tie the sack shut with a ribbon and add a non-stick pancake turner or a
wire whisk to the bow. These pancakes are yummy and so nutritious too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!