Saturday, April 07, 2007

My own Hot Chocolate Mix


My grandmother often made a huge batch of hot chocolate mix at Christmas time. She divided it into jars and gave them to her married grandchildren and other folks. Her recipe (which I'll share here at a later time) is a bit too rich for my taste, although it is delicious. I've come up with my own recipe which is a big hit with those I give the mix to at Christmas. Some people even send the jars back for refills! I love the touch of malted milk flavor in this recipe.


HOT CHOCOLATE MIX

5 cups instant nonfat dry milk
2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups instant chocolate drink powder (like Quik)
1 cup malted milk powder, chocolate flavor
1 cup malted milk powder, malt flavor
1 cup non-dairy powdered creamer
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa

Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and store in an airtight
containers. (I use either tins or jars.)

Include these directions with mix:
* Place 1/3 cup of mix in a large mug. Fill mug with hot water and
stir to dissolve. *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!