Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Decorating my kitchen island for Christmas


My kitchen "island" -- actually a repurposed shaker-style (but formica-topped) desk made for me by my dad -- is one of my favorite places to decorate in my Christmas kitchen. The past few years, I've done some variations on this theme.

The little table topper is simply a hemmed piece of fabric with a baking theme. The large Mitford teacup is filled with Christmas cookie cutters. The little rolling pin recipe holder was a gift from my granddaughters, and the cookie recipe is from a dear friend. Cookies are yummy too!

The vintage cookbooklet is like one my mother used to have, which I remember poring over avidly at Christmas time. I bought this one at a book sale some years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!