Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Happy February Rudolph Day! (and a cookie recipe)


Photo by Taste of Home
Happy Rudolph Day to all those who are observing it!  I don't have time to do a lot of Christmasy things today, although I am drinking a cup of Christmas tea and listening to lovely Christmas carols as I write.

In a way, I guess I could say that I actually will be working on Christmasy things today, as my main focus for the day [other than a stint of writing/studying] is to see how far I can get in getting two large, belated Christmas gifts completed.  They may be half done -- maybe a little more than half.  So we will see how that goes.  They are still a secret so I can't post pictures.  I'll just say there is lots of felt, cutting, and gluing involved.

I also wanted to share a Christmas cookie recipe for those who may be in the baking mode today.  I haven't made these cookies, but they are on my want-to-try list: Spritz Holly Wreaths.  This pressed cookie recipe contains cream cheese, so the cookies wouldn't dry out as quickly as a regular spritz.

Spritz wreaths were a part of my childhood Christmas memories, as they were among the baked goods sold at a church Christmas fair we usually attended.  So pretty -- ruffly white wreaths trimmed with bits of red and green candied cherries.  I vowed to make cookies like that myself someday, and when I grew up and acquired a cookie press and a kitchen of my own, I did just that.  I also found that the wreath shapes broke apart very easily once baked.  So I'm hoping that this recipe may solve that problem.  Maybe you would like to try this recipe, too!

2 comments:

  1. I love these cookies! they are beautiful and with the cream cheese they must be good!

    For February Rudolph day I watche A Christms movie, with some Christmas tea and made some more Christmas tags with old Christmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Luludou! What a great way to spend your Rudolph Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!