Thursday, December 01, 2016

The first Christmas cards have checked in!


For a little while now, cards have been trickling in from the ladies in the Christmas card swap I'm participating in.  I'm not counting those, however, since I haven't opened them yet!

The card at the top of the post is from good friends at church.  They gave us this card, along with a lovely jar of homemade applesauce as an early Christmas gift on Sunday.  They left today for three months in South Africa, so they were doing their Christmas gifting early.  I would have to say that November 27 is probably the earliest I have ever received (and opened) a Christmas card.

On Tuesday, we received a lovely photo card from friends in Pennsylvania.  I promptly sent one out in return, and I've sent out all of my swap cards, but that's it for sending cards so far.  I enjoy sending cards in response to the ones I've received. 

With the first day of December come many opportunities to get into an Advent Bible study or Bible reading challenge.  I encourage you to do just that --- it will deepen the meaning of Christmas for you.  Later this evening perhaps I can post some links to studies that have blessed my heart in the past, as well as to those I'm enjoying this year.

Happy first day of December, all!

6 comments:

  1. Sweet! Oh my, it is so festive in here that all you need is some music and some aroma!☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be fun, Vee? I'm sure you can probably imagine both! Music I could add (but probably won't); aroma might be a bit more difficult. But imagine the nice spicy, orangey scent of pepparkakor cookies. I need to bake some of those soon!

      Delete
  2. I love to send and receive Christmas cards! I haven't received any this year and I'm just now working on mine - I hope to send them out on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Vicki! It's always fun to get cards in the mail. E-cards can be lovely, but there's just something about a card in the mail!

      Delete
  3. I send about 20 Christmas cards every year and I love receivng them, it brings me pleasure for the whole season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take part in a card swap, and those cards are always so much fun to receive. I too love sending and receiving Christmas cards. I hope the custom never disappears completely.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!