Wednesday, January 19, 2022

The actual 2021 cookie-baking list

 

Interestingly, this was one of those unusual Christmas seasons when my actual cookie baking list lined up with the tentative list I made early in December.  Very surprising!

Mr. T baked every cookie on this list except for the very last variety -- the Christmas No-Bakes.  He left those to me, and I made two batches of them.

Of the other varieties, he baked at least a double batch of each one.  Sometimes he ended up making two double batches of each.  For the Eggnog Logs, he baked a triple batch because they are such favorites with so many people and quite time-consuming to make.

I think maybe the only one on this list that I wouldn't bother with next year would be the Gingerbread Brownies.  They are unusual and very tasty but I think next year I might make my mother's Poinsettia Brownies instead.

This year I had hoped to make Gingerbread Men and/or Peppermint Meltaway Cookies for the cookie trays.  It just didn't happen, mostly due to being somewhat sidelined by sciatica throughout the holidays.  So thankful that my hubby loves to bake and that he tackled the cookie list so successfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!