Tuesday, February 13, 2024

A challenging Christmas jigsaw

 


Back in December, feeling festive, Mr. T and I picked up two Christmas/winter jigsaw puzzles at our favorite thrift store.   At some point in the holiday season, we decided to start one of them.  Of course it is always a gamble of sorts buying a used jigsaw puzzle.  We realized it was certainly possible one or more pieces could be missing, but the scenes were beautiful, and this one called Christmas Cottage was only $3.

What we found upon opening the box was quite a surprise.  


The person who donated the puzzle to the store had included a thoughtful note.  He or she shared the information that the puzzle had a missing piece, but that this need not take away from the fun or the challenge of working the puzzle.  The donor had taken a photo of the puzzle showing just where the missing piece should be.  They even drew a blue arrow (visible in photo of their letter above) pointing out its location in the puzzle.

This was so helpful!  This puzzle was definitely a challenge, but it was so beautiful that we enjoyed every minute of working on it.

Such a fun thing to find in a thrift-store puzzle purchase.  We got much more than $3 of enjoyment out of this.  Now we are wondering what surprises might be in store in the second puzzle we bought that day!

5 comments:

  1. The note makes it all the more interesting. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the note! What a neat find. I just found out that one of the libraries by me has a "take a puzzle, leave a puzzle" kind of thing. I've always been hesitant out of fear of having a missing piece. Maybe it's not that big of a deal lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our thrift store has a similar policy, calls it their puzzle club. No, I actually think a missing piece is not a big deal when you know it's missing and where in the puzzle it's located. The donor went the extra mile so that the puzzle would still be fun to work on. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!