Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Thrift store finds with Christmas and winter themes

 


I always love to visit after-Christmas sales at our local stores -- mostly places like Walmart, Marshalls, Rite Aid and CVS, and even the grocery stores.  I've found some great deals at these places and have written about them in the past.

But only recently have I considered our local thrift stores as a source for Christmas deals -- especially for things like decorations, lights, and dishes.  One has a room dedicated to seasonal dishes.  Another has entire Christmas section.  I bought the snowflake plate at top in 2022 and enjoyed decorating with it.  In 2023 I filled it with my daughter's favorite Sacher Torte cookies and gave it to her for Christmas.


The beautiful pitcher above, a Hallmark design, came from a thrift store.


Both plates in the photo above were found at a thrift store.
The log cabin plate is so sweet.  I found a second one this year and tucked it away to use for gifting cookies next year.


I found the vintage Christmas magazine above at a thrift store for $5!

The mug below is a recent find.  We're using it at our cottage.  It holds a generous amount of coffee or hot cocoa!

Hope you've been inspired by some of my Christmasy thrift store finds.  There are a few more, so stay tuned!


(Below, a closer look at that snowman plate. )

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your thrift store Christmas finds! I also have those log cabin plates that I found at our local flea market! For some reason they got tucked away in the cabinet and I forgot to put them out at Christmas! I rediscovered them the other day when I was looking for Valentine's decorations! I guess I will save them for next winter now as we are really more into springy things here now, but I sure loved the look of them and meant to use them! LOL. I love your snowman plate too! I love anything snowman, even though we can't make snowmen here in Florida! LOL. Yes, I enjoyed your photos and thrift store finds! Thank you for sharing them with us! Next year remind me to get out my log cabin plates! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds. I go to the Thrift store about once a month for usually 2 things... Tiki stuff and Christmas stuff. I end up with a sweater or book. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!