Saturday, April 13, 2024

Three recipes worth a trip down the chimney

 


 Yes, that is the whimsical title of a Hershey's ad I had clipped and saved some years ago.   In case you missed it, I thought it would be fun to share here in the Christmas kitchen.  I cropped each one out of the ad to make the recipe easier to read.

First is Santa's Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies.  This sounds pretty amazing -- a chocolate cookie with melted vanilla chips swirled on top, then sprinkled with toffee bits and, if desired, a maraschino cherry half.  How festive!
Cherry Cheesecake Bars are next.  I always like a good bar cookie, and cherry cheesecake is a favorite.  This is a brownie with a baked on cheesecake topping which includes chopped maraschino cherries and almond extract.

And lastly there are Holiday Mini Kisses Treasure Cookies.  These are made with graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk and coconut, making them sound a bit like the Magic Cookie Bars of days gone by.  But they are not at all similar.  These are a drop cookie and are baked.  (Regular semisweet chocolate chips can be substituted for mini kisses.)

I'm thinking I may try one of these for Christmas 2024.  What do you think?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!