Monday, January 11, 2010

Soft fabric trees

One new thing I tried this Christmas was making some soft little fabric trees. I had seen these on a blog quite some time ago and had saved the pattern. This year I finally got around to making a couple of these. They didn't come out quite as nicely as the ones I had seen, but they are cute.

I thought a blue tree would be nice in the upstairs bathroom. This particular blue isn't exactly right, but I liked the fabric (which I had on hand) so much that I used it anyway.

This tree is resting on an inverted footed glass dessert dish.

I made a green tree, too. Here you see it with other items on a hutch shelf.

Later I had the inspiration to put the tree in a Christmas teacup.

If others would like to try making these sweet little trees, the pattern may be downloaded here:

soft fabric trees

2 comments:

  1. Cute trees! I think your Christmas tea cup matches a set of Christmas dishes I have - small world! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary Ann! Isn't that neat that we have the same set of Christmas dishes? I had wanted a set for years -- and one year Mr. T got me this set.

    Later, I bought 2 matching sets of different winter dishes on clearance at Walmart after Christmas. Since they are just winter scenes, they are more practical. But I still love my set of Christmas dishes and it was fun to put one of the teacups to use like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!