Friday, December 09, 2011

Betsy McCall Paper Dolls!


As mentioned yesterday, I think girls today miss out on a lot of fun with paper dolls.  I loved paper dolls as a child and I always liked it when my grandmother passed her McCall's magazine on to us with the paper doll page intact.  Betsy McCall was so cute, had such nifty outfits and fun adventures!  I was in seventh heaven the year my parents gave me a Betsy McCall Fashion Designer Kit (complete with light box and a whole portfolio of components to design literally hundreds of outfits).

So a few years ago I was delighted when my daughter discovered printable Betsy McCall paper dolls on line.  You can check it out here: Betsy McCall paper dolls.  This site has 10 years worth of Betsy McCall paper doll pages, with 12 months for each year.  To access all of the paper dolls for a particular year, just click on the year -- 1951, 1955, etc.  From there you can click on the pictured pages for each month to print the ones you want.
A small cropped version of one of the pages

So much fun!



6 comments:

  1. I LOVE paper dolls! Great posts!!! I am so glad that you shared these links with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Smith!

    I'm happy to see you here in my Christmas kitchen! I still love paper dolls too (in case you couldn't tell) and I'm not at all sure that I won't be printing out a set or two of these for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are perfect for my little miss and a few birthday presents too! Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very welcome! (Isn't it funny how two Mrs. Smiths commented on the same post?) Hope your little miss enjoys these. I think they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool, thank you for sharing this. I remember my Mom giving me the pages out of her McCall's magazine with Betsy McCall, so I could cut them out and play with the paper dolls! Sure wish I had saved them, I have no idea what happened to them. Of course, I was probably only 5 or 6 years old. What a cool blast from the past. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie,

    I am glad that you remember these paper dolls and that it was fun for you to see them here in my kitchen. They just don't make things like this anymore; I'm glad that someone has preserved them for us to enjoy again, aren't you?

    Merry Christmas!
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!