Thursday, January 26, 2012

Rudolph Day for January

As regular readers know, I follow along with a Christmas forum at Our Home for the Holidays.  Here, Rudolph Day is observed on the 25th of each month.  Participants will try and do something Christmasy on that day, whether shopping, crafting, planning, baking, etc.  You can read about the original concept here at Organized Christmas, a site I highly recommend.  Every year, I determine to be more organized for the upcoming Christmas, and every year I get a little closer to being ready early.  The Rudolph Day concept really helps with that.

I chose to observe Rudolph Day for January on the 24th, since Wednesdays are a very busy day for me.  I didn't accomplish as much as I would like, but did work on my last belated Christmas gift and also cleared my crafting desk so it looks beautifully ready for the next project.  And, I made a bunch of Christmas gift tags out of 2010's cards, to use for 2012's gifts.  I try and do this every year, and you can read about last year's efforts here: Gift tags from recycled Christmas cards.

I had hoped to spend some time working in my Christmas notebook on Rudy Day -- you can begin reading a series of posts about my Christmas notebook here:  My Christmas Notebook Part 1 -- but that didn't happen, unfortunately.  Still, I sipped Candy Cane Lane tea and coffee with Peppermint Mocha creamer (did you know Walmart currently has the big bottles of holiday flavored creamers for $1.98?), listened to Christmas music, and had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!