Monday, January 09, 2012

Pecan Cherry Bark

(Photo by Taste of Home)
I enjoy making candy as well as cookies at Christmas time, and this recipe for Pecan Cherry Bark has been on my want-to-try list for a long time.  The only thing was that it called for 3 pounds of almond bark, which could really add up.

I wanted to take some candy to a party this past weekend, and that coincided with a 75% off price for almond bark at my local Hannaford supermarket.  So I got out the recipe and tried it.  It was good, but in my opinion too thick.  It was hard to break the candy into pieces.  So next time, I will only use 2 layers (2 pounds) of bark, one chocolate and one white.  But otherwise, the candy was good and I will try it again.  The sugared pecans are fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!