Thursday, November 08, 2012

Tentative cookie and candy list for Christmas 2012

A favorite Christmas card -- artist Kathy Lawrence
I've already posted a short list of food items I plan to prepare for Christmas gifting.  The following list of cookies and candies will include some of the same items, but I always like to make a general list (which I don't always stick to) just to give me an idea of how much baking I have in mind for the season.  I like to start around the time of the first snow -- which I thought would be today, but the snow didn't come this far north, and I really don't mind!  Anyway, on to the list:

COOKIES
Chocolate Spritz
Pepparkakor
Sacher Torte Cookies
Whipped Shortbread
Macaroon Kisses
Eggnog Logs
Almond Raspberry Thumbprints
Date Nut Casserole Cookies
Pride of Iowa Cookies
Homemade Granola Bars

CANDIES
Special Holiday Fudge
Heavenly Delight
Lemon Ice Candy
Lemon Pistachio Fudge
Chocolate-Covered Fruit Jellies
Different types of bark (Mr. T bought many pounds of almond bark after Christmas last year!)

Plus I also plan to make several batches of homemade hot cocoa mix and some bran muffins for gifts.  As I said, the list is subject to change.  I nearly always find a few new recipes I want to try!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! It's sure gonna smell great at your house this holiday season...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vicki! I bet it will smell great at your house, too. Maybe I can get started tomorrow on baking. I plan to devote most of today to crafting. It feels great to have a day to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!