Thursday, January 23, 2020

January's Christmas Club meeting


So Tuesday night was our first Christmas Club meeting for 2020 at the local library.  (My lighted library above looks a lot like it, in my mind.)  Our Christmas club is informal and sporadic, but we have fun and it is truly helpful to those who attend. 

Susan, our intrepid leader, gave each of us a sheet of very special notebook paper to use for our to-do lists.  She then instructed us to write down the things that we knew we needed to do soon.  Would you believe I had to borrow a pen?  Thankfully, the library has plenty of them!

The thought is that for February and March, we will each do Christmasy things on our own, but in April we will plan to get together for a meeting.   In the meantime, we are to accomplish the things we wrote down on our to-do lists.

We took turns telling about how our Christmases had gone.  We were all so happy to hear that Christmas 2019 was much more joy-filled and happy for Rachel than 2018 had been, and a good bit of that had to do with planning more carefully and not expecting a Hallmark Christmas.  😉

On Monday, I had taken time to go through my annual Christmas debriefing based on this form:
and so I could easily tell how things had gone at our house.  And when Susan asked what didn't work so well, I could share that also.  I plan to post about the debriefing soon, so I won't go into detail now.

We spent the rest of the time preparing and displaying donated Christmas decor items for a Christmas decoration swap at the library.  A good and productive meeting!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I love your Christmas club meetings. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had known about this meeting earlier, so I could have "invited" you, Vicki!

      Delete
  2. A monthly Christmas Club meeting! This is a new idea to me. What a NEAT idea. A good way to get a bit done all through the year and be inspired by others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very neat idea, Becki! It was library director Susan's idea, and even though our meetings are a bit sporadic, they are very inspiring and the accountability is great.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:08 PM

    Love the Christmas decor swap idea. Always interesting to hear about your Christmas club.
    Lucie D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucie! Yes, that decor swap idea was a good one. I haven't heard how much of the decor was actually taken by others.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!