Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A couple of great gift ideas


Today I came across a couple of good gift ideas while looking through an old magazine, so thought I would share them. Also, by posting them here, I'll actually be able to find them instead of searching through magazines in vain!

* Buy a large teapot and fill it with an assortment of tea bags (I'm thinking the wrapped, labeled tea bags like those made by Bigelow and Twining's, to name a couple). Tuck in a tea ball or some decorative tea bag holders. And maybe a package of scone mix would be a nice accompaniment, or a bag of scones you've baked.

* Buy a new bread board. Place a wrapped loaf of homemade bread on the board and add several jars of jams and jellies. Wrap it all up in cellophane or a basket bag and secure with a large bow.

Both of these wonderful ideas (which I have tweaked somewhat) would actually make terrific gifts any time of year, not just at Christmas. Have fun with these ideas. I intend to make good use of them!

2 comments:

  1. What great ideas. I am putting them in my gift idea section of my holiday book. You can find lots of neat bread boards at the thrift stores.

    Thanks! I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! And that's a great idea to look for bread boards at the thrift stores. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!