Sunday, July 22, 2018

Cute ornaments from jute upholstery webbing


Photo and design by Kristi at I Should Be Mopping the Floor
Here is a fun and easy little ornament!  This jute upholstery webbing has such a festive Christmasy look to it with the red stitching on the sides.  I found this Handmade Jute Christmas Ornament last year at I Should Be Mopping the Floor.  (I love the name of Kristi's site.  There's almost never a time when I shouldn't be mopping the floor -- or some other household task -- rather than what I actually am doing at the moment.) 

I think I would have everything that I need to make this ornament already on hand, with the exception of the craft dowels.  So I just might stitch up a few this summer!

And then here is another sweet ornament I found utilizing the jute upholstery webbing:
Craft and photo by Diana at Adirondack Girl at Heart
This Farmhouse Jute Christmas Ornament is from Diana at Adirondack Girl at Heart.  Diana is one of my favorite bloggers.  One her blog she also gives the instructions for making the tiny wreath attached to this ornament.

Have fun with these ornament ideas!




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lana! I think I'm making some of these this Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Love this, thanks for sharing the ornament and the bloggers.
    I love Christmas too, as my Mom does also.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year, isn't it?

      Blessings to you as well!
      Mrs. T

      Delete
  3. Very cute. I never would have thought of using this fabric for ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, but it's a very creative idea. Hoping to make some of these soon!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the shout-out Mrs. T--you're a sweetheart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks to you for the ornament tutorial. You are so generous to share your wonderfully creative ideas!

      Delete
  5. So cute - and love the site name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute ornament!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Hope I can make a few of these!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!