Monday, January 24, 2011

Christmas thrifting finds


When Mr. T and I went on our getaway a week or two ago, we visited a very nice thrift store with wonderful prices. In addition, all of their Christmas merchandise was 75% off. The very first thing that caught my eye was this adorable snowman mug. Maybe I'll decorate with it, or maybe some fortunate person will find it in the Christmas-themed basket I usually make for the Yankee Swap at our church ladies' Christmas fellowship!

And then I spotted a lovely glass votive holder. I just knew it would match the one Mr. T had bought me for Christmas several years ago along with a matching glass basket. I love these pieces because they look as if they are carved from ice. Here is the "new" candle holder on our dining table with the other two matching pieces.

Here is a closer look at the basket. I put white cardboard beneath it for the photo to show up the design better. Isn't it gorgeous?

I paid 50¢ each for the mug and the votive holder. What great deals!

1 comment:

  1. That's what you call some successful shopping! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!