Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baking, beverage, and seasoning mixes for your own pantry or for gifts

Mulled cider mixes are something I make up almost every year.  They make the best mulled cider!
For quite some time now I have had the thought to make up some seasoning mixes as gifts and package them in little homespun fabric bags.  I have done this on a smallish scale in the past, making pumpkin and apple pie spices, and have made plenty of seasoning mixes for my own use. 
These spice mixes are for pumpkin pie spice and apple pie spice.  I packaged these with a pretty pie pan and a little book of my favorite pie recipes.
However,  I haven't had time to do a lot of research into seasoning mixes.

Now I find that someone has done that research for me!  Check out this page at Tipnut:  100-plus Recipes for Homemade Mixes and Seasoning Blends.  I expect to find some great ideas there, and thought others might like to check out the link as well, whether for gifts or just to add to one's own pantry.  Have fun with this list!

2 comments:

  1. I love giving this type of gift... and I like receiving them even better! I'm on my way to check out the link you provided. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, Vicki! I hope that you'll find some great ideas on the Tipnut page. I haven't had time to fully peruse it yet myself, but I intend to! That's one reason I posted it here ... so I can't lose it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!