Tuesday, December 03, 2013

December 3 ~ Worth the read!

This sweet graphic is from Little Birdie Blessings.
As we approach this blessed Christmas season, we need to be so sure that we are focusing on the real reason we're celebrating.  It's so easy, even as believers, to get sidetracked by decorations, gifts, crafts -- almost anything.  I read two very helpful blog posts this week and wanted to share the links with all of you.

The first is from Gina at Home Joys. Her thoughtful post is titled What makes a meaningful Christmas?. This would be especially helpful for families with young children.  In the post, Gina also links to other helpful posts she's shared on this topic in previous years.

The second link is for the first in a series of posts by Sarah at Joy-Filled Days. She is doing a series of One-Minute Christmas Devotionals and this is the first one: One-Minute Christmas Devotional #1. You will want to visit Joy-Filled Days daily for as long as the series runs.  It's been a great blessing to me already!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my one minute devotional series. Your vintage banner sounds right up my alley!
    Thanks again,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Sarah! Thank *you* for writing the devotionals. It is a sacrifice of time during this busy season, I know, but you are providing thoughtful encouragement to many.

    Yes, the vintage banner project was fun. It was from a Better Homes & Gardens holiday craft magazine a few years back. We improvised pretty freely with it (and I would improvise even more and streamline the pattern were I to make more). We made 3 of them for the dining room windows. I hope to post pictures soon but am having some computer issues.

    Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen!
    Blessings,
    Mrs. T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!