Here is another vintage Christmas card featuring an image of a church and village. This is only a card front, from a very small card, but I think it is extra special.
I love the colors on this card which look as if they might be from the late 1960s or early 1970s. The blues and greens are such interesting shades, especially the green trees in the foreground.
The village clustered around the church, nestled in the shelter of a mountain, just says "New England" to me, most likely Vermont or New Hampshire. Tiny lighted houses in the distance remind us that some folks live way out in the country.
People are streaming to the church, one would assume for a Christmas Eve service. Above the mountains a brilliant star can be glimpsed, presumably the Christmas star.
This card front with its lovely scene will be going into my box of Etsy "freebies" that I include with orders. It will go to some discerning customer with a Christmas order!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!