Friday, January 23, 2015

So sweet


I love the insides of some of the small vintage cards.  Not only are the greetings or messages more interesting and thoughtful than in today's cards, but often there are sweet little vignettes in there as well, often a small picture that echoes the scene on the front of the card.

The other day I was gathering cards to include on my winter ribbon board, having taken down the Christmas one.  I decided to use the card below, which is not one of my favorite vintage cards, but I thought it would look nice with the other snow scenes on the board.

I've scanned the interiors of many of my vintage cards, but had never even looked inside this one,  so I was surprised to see the sweet little ornament pictured at the top of the post.  It is so cute with its reflection of a candle flame. Not really what I would have expected to see inside this particular card!

The greeting is also nice, so I scanned that as well.  And what an adorable font!

Hope you have enjoyed this look inside a little vintage card!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you shared the inside with us. I agree with you, what a cool font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vicki! Isn't that font so neat? I imagine there are probably downloadable fonts out there that resemble it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!