Thursday, December 03, 2015

A few Christmas things getting done


Just a simple little progress report here today.  A few, a very few Christmas things are getting done this week.

I took down the fall decor and began putting up a few Christmasy items.  My hutch is decorated sparsely, my table has a Christmas cloth,  and I changed out the bittersweet in my transferware pitcher for some pine and fir branches. No time to get pictures now, but it looks nice.  More decorating will get done over time, but my main goal this week was to get the fall things put away and get out a few Christmas things, just enough to give a slightly festive feel to the house.
My Gooseberry Patch Christmas plate -- so sweet
This is a photo from last year, but that hutch shelf looks the same this year.  The other plates are after-Christmas buys from Walmart a few years ago.
Have bought most of my Christmas baking supplies and hope to bake a few cookies tomorrow.  This is one of the recipes I'm planning to make: Chocolate Mint Crisps .
They are not extremely crispy, just crisp on the outside with a chewy chocolatey center and a swirled melted Andes mint on top.  Fabulous!  One of our favorites.  I'm supposed to take a dessert to a Christmas get-together on Saturday night and I've pretty much decided it will be cookies.  I can make several kinds, take a cookie tray to the party and have some Christmas cookies ready to stash in the freezer.

Sent out my first Christmas cards this week, too.  Now, to get off the computer and attempt a few minutes of Christmas crafting before it's time to get supper!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!