Tuesday, December 01, 2015

My best tips for gluten-free Christmas baking!


Welcome to my Christmas kitchen!  I try to get in here every day in December, but I truly can't guarantee that this year.  I also try not to write duplicate posts for my two blogs, but this one does bear some similarity to today's post on my regular blog, Across My Kitchen Table.  I got to thinking how there are quite a few readers of my regular blog who don't visit here in my Christmas kitchen, and vice versa.  I don't want anyone to miss out on these tips for gluten-free holiday baking, hence the similar postings.

I mentioned a few days ago how I had stocked up on Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour.  This is a wonderful gluten-free blend that works beautifully in Christmas cookies and other cookies, brownies, muffins, biscuits and so on.  It can be used cup for cup in place of all-purpose flour in your regular recipes.  When I mentioned this on my regular blog, a reader asked if this flour could be used to make loaves of bread.  In my limited experience, it doesn't work for yeast breads, and the flour bag doesn't mention such breads at all.

But there is still hope!  Jeanine, at  Faithfully Gluten Free, provides a fabulous resource for all sorts of gluten-free recipes, including yeast breads and rolls.  Hers is the best gluten-free site I've found, and her recipes are consistently wonderful.  Jeanine is a mom -- so kids will love her recipes -- and she also has celiac disease, so you need not fear that there's any hidden gluten in her recipes.  I've tried her baked donuts, many muffin recipes, coffeecakes, cinnamon rolls, and what I consider to be the world's best gluten-free sandwich bread.  And it's so easy!  Once you have all your dry ingredients in the sifter, this sandwich bread is no more difficult than baking muffins.  I highly recommend it.

So there you have it!  Happy baking!  And come on back and visit my Christmas kitchen again!  I hope to be here almost every day.

2 comments:

  1. Did not know of your other blog, so will be going over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your visit to my other blog, Luludou!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!