Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A great idea for organizing one's gift-giving!


Photo by Vicki at Christmas 24/7/365
This fantastic idea is from the highly organized Vicki at Christmas 24/7/365.  It's her fabulous gift chart.  She shared this on her blog for Christmas in July 2016, and I was so inspired that I saved the idea.

Vicki explains just how she uses this, and I think you will find it helpful -- it may even have the potential to completely revolutionize your gift-giving.  You can certainly personalize and tweak this idea so that it better fits the gift-giving that you personally do.  Hope this wonderful idea is an inspiration for someone today!

[Edited to add: Deanna asked if there was a link to print this chart.  I don't think there is; I checked back on some of Vicki's older posts labeled "organize" and didn't see one.  She did write: "I've been using this method for almost 20 years and it certainly works for me. I create a table with a column for each person I'm purchasing gifts for. The yellow highlighted rows are for stocking stuffers. Since I took this photo I've also added a bright green and a purple row. One is for calendars, one is for ornaments. The pale pink and blue rows are for the grandkids' gifts. Each grandchild gets four wrapped presents."]

  I'm going to try and check in with Vicki tomorrow and see if she does have a printable page she could share. 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it? Vicki is very smart.

      Delete
  2. Haha, thanks for the shout out! I was just thinking this weekend that I need to get my "organize" post in this CIJ. My chart keeps getting larger and the columns keep getting narrower as our family grows, but I still use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great idea, Vicki! I just had to share it with a wider audience.

      Delete
  3. I remember this from your blog. Also thinking how organized you are. I use to be in early fall when kids were little now I am not. Hoping this year to do better. Have several things purchased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Vicki is very organized indeed. I myself am not as organized this year as I've been some times in the past. I'm making fewer handmade Christmas gifts and trying to concentrate on birthdays for those.

      Delete
  4. I have a homemade list on Excel that I make too... very useful! I keep it in my purse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a link to the chart to print the chart? I love Christmas and am so happy to have found these Christmas blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deanna, I think Vicki just creates a new chart each year.

    This is what she wrote in an earlier post about it: "I've been using this method for almost 20 years and it certainly works for me. I create a table with a column for each person I'm purchasing gifts for. The yellow highlighted rows are for stocking stuffers. Since I took this photo I've also added a bright green and a purple row. One is for calendars, one is for ornaments. The pale pink and blue rows are for the grandkids' gifts. Each grandchild gets four wrapped presents."

    But by all means, let's ask her. I'm going to add this paragraph to the post, and then tomorrow I will try and contact Vicki and see if she has a printable page you could access. Okay?

    Lovely to have you visiting here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!