Thursday, July 27, 2017

A sweet decorating idea ~ miniature teacup trees


I've long been fascinated by the idea of miniature Christmas trees in teacups or sugar bowls.  They just look so sweet.  Some years ago I made some soft fabric trees, and this green one looks right at home in a Christmas teacup.

Even prettier is this teacup tree
 from Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage.  Sandi also has a beautiful Christmas blog called Christmas Pudding, which is well worth a visit for some lovely Christmas inspiration.  To read more about Sandi's teacup tree and how she uses teacups in her holiday decorating, go here: Mini Tree in a Teacup.

Lovely as these ideas are, Tuula at Thrifty Rebel Vintage has taken them a step further with her mini teacup Christmas trees, using miniature teacups.  Aren't they sweet?

Photo by Thrifty Rebel Vintage
In my cleaning out of a home and years of accumulation, I have found tiny souvenir teacups as well as children's toy tea sets that would work perfectly for this. What is even neater is that Tuula doesn't glue the trees in place; she just places them securely in the teacups.  That way, both teacup and tree may be used again in different ways.

This is a genius idea,  in my view.  Hope someone else has been inspired by it, as well!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Nice for office desk, hospital, nursing home etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those would be great locations for these little trees, Lana. I have a friend who just went into a nursing home. Will have to remember this idea come Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Cute! I actually did this a few times when I worked. It brightened up my cubicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Vicki! I bet it did brighten things up at the workplace.

      Delete
  3. Had not seen this, very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!