Thursday, July 20, 2017

A fun personalized craft ~ Mod Podge photo ornaments

Photo from Our Southern Home
 It's always fun to make some new ornaments, especially if you have new or vintage photos to work with.  Some families like to make new ornaments every year with updated family photos.  These Mod Podge Photo Ornaments from Christy at Our Southern Home are so cute.

They begin with round papier mache ornaments and get gussied up with scrapbook paper (the perfect use for those small $1 packs of scrapbook paper that are so tempting in the craft stores!), a photo, and glitter.  I love these and hope that I can find time to make some.  I think they would be fun to make with sepia or black and white photos as well, and would be cute to make using copies of vintage photos.  (I would never recommend using the originals of family heirloom photos or treasured vintage Christmas cards.  Scan them and then print for your craft usage.)

Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Cute! Wonder about using a pringle or any plastic lid with the paper on it. Could punch holes around the edge and then go around and do like 2 or 3 double crochet in each hole with a thread to match paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just might work, Lana! A creative spin on this idea, for sure!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. My parents would love something like this with the grandkid's pictures... or pictures of them when they were young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure you post about it if you make some of these, Lucie! I am really hopeful I could do this. I think I may even have some of those round papier-mache ornaments on hand; I know I have scrapbooking paper and every thing else I would need.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!