Monday, July 31, 2017

A patriotic Christmas card!


Just perfect for the month of July is this patriotic vintage card I recently found from 1973.  So I thought I'd share it before the month ends.  When I found this card (sent to my parents by some good neighbors), my first thought was that it had come to them as part of a fundraising effort by some veterans' group or other.  But as I looked at the back of the card, I thought not, seeing that it had a  Famous Artists Studio trademark.

A little research revealed that Famous Artist Studio did do mailings of Christmas cards for nonprofits, and some for the VFW, so that's likely where our neighbors acquired this card.

 My personal feeling is that the flag sort of overwhelms the pretty scene, but I thought I would scan the card and save it that way, for it is definitely an interesting vintage card.  It reminds me, too, that not all people have freedom to worship as they choose.  We are very blessed in America!

Thanks to all of you who've visited my Christmas kitchen for Christmas in July.  It's been fun!


6 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed celebrating Christmas in July with you. This month just flew by, didn't it? What a great image to wrap up this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The month surely did fly by, Vicki! I didn't get to visit all of your Christmas in July posts due to the fact that we spent the end of July traveling, but I will plan to catch up with them.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your poems, cards, ideals with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Lana! I need to go back and visit the rest of your July posts. You had some fun ideas too!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your CIJ posts! It is so much fun to have a circle of virtual friends who enjoy the same things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lucie! I need to go back and visit your own Christmas in July posts, and will plan to do that soon. You are so right about a circle of virtual friends. I've found so many friends through blogging!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!