Friday, July 28, 2017

Planning ahead for a stress-free Christmas


"A Happy Christmastide" -- from Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
I know, I know, we have all seen articles and blog posts with this sort of a title.  We have looked at them and then commented that it's nice for the writer, or the people quoted in the article, but it would never work for us and our family.  Oh, you've never made a comment like that?  Well, maybe it's just me (but somehow, I don't think so).

But here is a real plan that works for a real family, probably not so much different from yours or mine.  This advice is from Vicki at Christmas 24/7/365. and she shared it last year for Christmas in July there on her blog.

 This is Vicki’s plan for a stress-free Christmas, and you just might find it very helpful.  Vicki shares her timelines for card writing, letter writing, card mailing, decorating, baking, and so on.  I can really see how this could work quite well to free a family up to just enjoy December and the festivities it brings.

I'm posting this toward the end of July because we are that much closer to Christmas and surely need the inspiration.  Why not do some work in your Christmas notebook and jot a few of Vicki's deadlines on your calendar?  I'm planning to!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is! I hope to use it myself.

      Delete
  2. Haha, now I really have an inflated ego! Thanks for the kind words, Mrs T. But seriously, the good thing about using a plan, any plan for getting ready for the holidays early is that you truly can experience a stress-free Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Vicki. Thanks for sharing it with your readers, and now with mine.

      Delete
  3. I love a timeline too! I do have one and I also print out a large square calendar of the 'ber' months where I pencil in Christmas prep, Halloween prep, Fall housechores, weekends away or parties, food to cook for the freezer for Christmas time, etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is a great idea to print out a large calendar of the "ber" months. Did you design your own, or find a printable somewhere?

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!