Friday, December 15, 2017

1959 vintage calendar page


I have found a few more of the little Scripture calendars that used to come bound in Woman's Day magazine's January issues.  Today I thought I would share the page from December 1959.

There are so many sweet details in this picture, but the best way for you to see them is just to click on the picture to enlarge it.  (I tried making it a larger size, but that cut some of the details out and that just wasn't a good thing, to my mind.)  The eyeglasses and book -- maybe a Bible, maybe a nature journal?; the plant in the window -- likely a poinsettia; the grandfather clock; even the cute homemade ornaments on the tree.  I remember making those woven heart baskets like those with students at the small Christian school where I helped out.  I brought in craft materials and simple patterns, and the kids worked on Christmas ornaments during their breaks all through December. 

Hope you've enjoyed this little vintage calendar page as much as I did and that it may have brought back some memories for you as it did for me.

2 comments:

  1. I remember those calendars. I still like to purchase a Woman’s Day from time to time. They don’t require my taking out a loan as some magazines do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those calendars were great. Last I knew (which was quite a few years ago) they were still offering them, but you had to send away for the calendar rather than cutting it out of the magazine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!