Monday, December 11, 2017
A Christmasy finished project!
I knew that I didn't want to frame this piece, but I wasn't sure what I did want to do with it. However, in recent months I have been very inspired by my stitching friends Arlene at Nanaland and Sandy at
I Majored in Home Economics. I saw a piece that Arlene had finished by using a clipboard and burlap, and was intrigued. But this piece is unusually long and narrow, and I wasn't sure if that technique would work.
During my cleaning and decluttering at my parents' home, I came upon a longer-than-usual clipboard. An idea began to form in my mind and I thought that this December sampler might look very nice with homespun behind it, and I had some homespun in my stash. After consulting with Arlene and getting some technical advice, I was ready to finish the piece, but lacked the time. I finished it today and am very pleased with how it turned out!