Sunday, December 03, 2017

December 1965 calendar


I have always enjoyed the calendars which came in Woman's Day magazines in years past.  The lovely illustrations and Bible verses make them so special.  I recently found one from 1965 and thought I would share it. 

At top, you see the page for December.  This illustration and verse are such great reminders.  What do you think they are all watching?  My guess might be an outdoor Christmas tree lighting.  I love this verse, as combined with this picture it reminds me that even in life's busy moments we need to let our light shine and make sure our lives are bringing glory to God ... especially in this season which is all about Him.

Below you see the front page of the 1965 calendar.  I decided to include it too because it has such a festive wintry look. 
Hope you've enjoyed this vintage treasure!

6 comments:

  1. Have you groogled Erik Blegvad? With a name like that, I think wintry scenes are probably a part of his DNA. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for doing the research for me, Vee! I haven't had time to read over the information as much as I would have liked, but I will, one of these days.

      Delete
  2. This is THE best time of the year, Every picture although cold and wintery.. are still warm and inviting.
    Maybe they are all looking at the true light of the world...who did so many good works as He glorified His Father...
    Have a great week
    Blessings
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is a very good thought, Phoebe! Lots of snow here this weekend and more predicted for Tuesday. Not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage images. I too think they are looking at a Christmas tree lighting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Lucie. And this reminds me that I have found a few more of these calendars from different years and should share the December pages from them as well.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!