Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Glorious garlands part 4

 


One final post about Glorious Garlands, the little booklet I found in a 1999 Family Circle magazine.  There is actually even a bit more to this booklet, mostly on choosing fresh greens for a garland and on making other projects with fresh greenery too.   I plan to share a couple of posts concerning that information in December.

 
As you can see, this page has a Red Roses garland... 

 This consists of silk (or even real!) roses attached to a cedar garland.  The suggestion is to hot-glue pin backs to the base of each rose, to weave them into the greenery.  The article notes that although real roses will dry over time, they will still look pretty.  But think of the cost!

.... and a Sleigh Bells garland.

This fun garland has many types of small bells strung on wire and fastened onto a juniper garland.  I wish I had thought about this when I was finding package upon package of jingle bells in my parents' attic!

As I mentioned before, a faux greenery garland would be the way to go with any of these designs that you want to work on this July.  A brief search online reveals faux garlands made to resemble all types of greenery.  Some are quite pretty.

This ends our 2024 Christmas in July!  I hope you found some inspiration here and that you've had as much fun as I have!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:43 PM

    Yes I enjoyed every post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of garlands-----inside and out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!