Saturday, July 06, 2024

Once Upon a Christmas

 


Christmas fabric is so much fun! I especially love those with a vintage look.  I always like seeing new fabrics for each Christmas, and I've been seeing quite a few in emails from the Fat Quarter Shop.   Above is a screenshot from their site of Once Upon a Christmas, by Sweetfire Road for Moda Fabrics.

I think it's not only the beautiful designs but the magical colors of this fabric that speak to me.    Below are some screenshots.

Peppermint Stick in the Evergreen colorway

Evergreens with the Snow background

Baubles on Branches in the Mistletoe color

Poinsettias in Princess Pink

The designer, Jackie MacDonald, commented in her blog that as she worked on designing this fabric line, "It was the fragrances of the season that kept sneaking in to my imagination and inspiring me.  Peppermint sticks, freshly baked sugar cookies (with sprinkles!), Evergreen boughs and the scent of snow before a storm danced in my head.  And Once Upon a Christmas was born.  I designed it in hues that remind me of happy childhood memories... Crisp evergreen, Christmas red and a delicious candy pink."  

So beautiful!  This is some of the most inspiring Christmas fabric I have seen.  I would love to make a stocking in either the Poinsettia or the Evergreen design and edge it with a cuff of the Peppermint Stick!  Wouldn't that be pretty?  What would you make with this fabric?

3 comments:

  1. I like the Evergreens print

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:09 PM

    I would make baby stockings place special ornament inside with bauble cloth or a beautiful Christmas plant wrapped poinsettia cloth or a cover for Christmas journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The evergreen one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!