Thursday, July 04, 2024

USA Christmas stamps I've recently unearthed

 


 Of course you know I had to find some sort of USA tie-in for a Fourth of July post!  These stamps were a recent find, mixed in with other old stamps that had been saved.  I snagged these because the designs are so much fun.

Isn't this sleighing scene so pretty?

 
I love the blue sky and the stately evergreens and all the rest of the wintry farm scene.  This is also the newest of the three stamps, as it cost 25¢!

This little stamp featuring glass Christmas baubles is beautiful too.

It's a little bit older since it cost only 22¢.

And lastly is this one featuring a Christmas tree laden with toys.

 
It's obviously the oldest of the three, since it cost only 8¢!  It has an interesting background that almost looks like cloth.  Maybe it is supposed to look as if it has been cross-stitched.  Very pretty, anyway.

I wish they made Christmas stamps with designs like this nowadays, don't you?

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!