Monday, July 02, 2012

Rudolph Day for June


Rudolph Day was Monday, June 25, and I'm afraid I didn't get a lot of Christmasy things done that day.  A thought just occurred to me, though, and I think it may help with future Rudy Days.  In the past month or so, I have taken to scheduling my weeks and my days again.  (This is something I used to do  when my eldercare responsibilities were very heavy.)  I have a great weekly schedule set up that I can print out for each week, and I print them two-sided so I get two weeks' worth of scheduling out of one sheet of paper.  It just now occurred to me that I need to be sure to write in Rudy Day in the weekly schedule that includes the 25th of each month.  That will help, I'm sure.

That said (and hopefully I will act on it this month), I did accomplish some Christmas planning that day.  I got out my Christmas notebook and added a few ideas to my gift lists.  As mentioned previously, I did order the items I needed to make a  particular gift item for a loved one.  Those have now arrived, and I will start the project soon.  Also in the past few weeks, I have ordered and received a few stocking stuffers, plus I have ideas for others.  I also added a fudge recipe to my Christmas cookbook so I will know where to find it.

So ... not the most productive of Rudy Days, but a few things got done and Christmas planning remains on my radar screen.  I am paying attention to some Christmas in July postings going on this month, so maybe I can get back here to my Christmas kitchen and share some of those ideas!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are doing Christmas in July posts! Just what I need to encourage me in my lists and crafting right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mrs. Smith! I hope it will provide the encouragement you need. I'm not feeling too inspired, but I'll do my best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!