Monday, July 19, 2021

Neat gift idea for friends

 

 I received the sweet water bottle above from a friend early this summer and only recently began putting it to use during the exceeding hot, humid weather we've been having lately.  My friend and Bible study leader Amanda Reed, who gifted one of these to each study participant at our last meeting, also painted a delightful coaster to match, and to fit with the theme of our study.

I've been thinking for awhile that I might adapt her idea and use it for Christmas gifts for teen granddaughters or for other friends.  I wasn't thinking of painting a coaster, but maybe sewing a mug rug or something similar.

Once I started using the bottle, I had another thought.  Stored with my tea bags, I had a jar of Twinings Cold Infuse water enhancers.  I plopped one of those into the water bottle and voila!  A refreshing, healthy summer drink!  So pretty, too.



 
As you can see, these come in all sorts of yummy flavors.  The one I have is the Watermelon & Mint.  They contain no sugar or artificial sweeteners.  There are 12 infusers per jar and I get several uses out of each one.  
 
Water bottles similar to mine can be found on Walmart.com, Etsy, eBay, and probably a number of other places.

I think a pretty water bottle and a jar of infusers might be a wonderful gift for a number of people on my list! 

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea about the Twinings water infusers. I need to order tea from them this week and I'm definitely going to order one of the infusers. Thank you so much for sharing. What a cute gift. If I could paint I would do make those. Alas, painting is NOT in my tool box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree these would make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!