Saturday, July 31, 2021

A golden jingle bell ornament to make

 

Wouldn't a jingle bell project be appropriate as Christmas in July draws to a close?   We can hang it on the doorknob of the Christmas kitchen and enjoy the festive jingle as we gently close the door behind us.

I do hope to get back here in the Christmas kitchen often in the coming months, and certainly every day throughout December.
 

This gold jingle bell ornament is by Kimberly at Serendipity Refined.  

Photo from Serendipity Refined
 
As you will see, all it takes is some gold jingle bells, gold wire, and gold ribbon.  I think it would also be pretty using silver bells, wire, and ribbon, or even a colored jingle bell like red or green.

Jingle bells of this size were apparently very popular back in the day, for I found many packages of them in clearing out my childhood home.  The button card at top was something I found there, also.  It has sold in my Etsy shop some time ago.  I wish I had been able to see the buttons that originally came on it.

Thanks again to all who visited here in my Christmas kitchen for Christmas in July.  It's been fun, as always!


4 comments:

  1. Mostly, I remember jingle bells being tied on packages, though I don't think I have ever one that. My sister has!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sister is a gift wrapper extraordinaire! I can well imagine her trimming a package with jingle bells! 🎄

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I LOVE the jingle bell packaging! I made jingle bell ornaments with the Grands a few years ago... fun and easy to work with. I'm thinking of making a jingle bell wreath one of the days (oops, I really mean years!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to make some of these. I have so many jingle bells! 🎄

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!