1. Some shopping for fabrics last Friday -- materials that I need to make a few handmade gifts for grandchildren. I spent more than I intended, but some of the fabrics were just perfect. Below you see a hint (from years gone by) of what I am going to make.
2. Supper and Bible study last Saturday with our dear young friends Sam and Jennifer. I made this soup and it was a tremendous success: Hearty Butternut Squash Soup.
3. A wonderful day on Sunday with our old friends Syd and Cyndy. What a joy to reconnect with them this past fall at the couples' retreat at The Wilds of New England, after not seeing them for years. Syd has done some pulpit supply for other churches in the past and agreed to come and speak at our services December 1. They came over for lunch afterward and it was such a sweet time.
4. The opportunity this week to change out my fall decor to Christmas. Not all of my Christmas decorating is done and the tree's not up, but I have a great start.
5. Starting on my Christmas baking! Two kinds of cookies done so far.
And a bonus:
6. Mild weather and (cloudy) sunshine so my walking partner and I could go for two nice long walks this week! That felt good.