Thursday, December 12, 2019

Fun festive find at the Dollar Tree!


The Dollar Tree has some of the nicest Christmas things this year!  Last evening we hurried in on the way home from church just to get a couple of strings of multicolored lights to finish up our tree.  (Emergency situation -- don't ask!😟)

It took me a few minutes to find the lights while my hubby was searching for nighttime cold medicine.  And as I did I passed a display of Christmas doilies.  I just had to purchase these red doilies with white snowflakes ... so pretty!  There are 16 of them in this package.  That's a lot of vintage-style enjoyment for only $1!

There were a number of other designs as well.  I didn't look at all of them,   but some were white with red poinsettias.  There were a couple of different sizes also.  These red ones are 8.5 inches across.  They would be perfect on a plate of cookies.

Back in the day, my grandmother always bought Christmas doilies.  I ended up with some of them and hoarded them for years because they weren't easy to find in stores any more.  The one below was from my grandmother's stash.  Click to enlarge and see the glorious details.

But now similar doilies may be purchased at the Dollar Tree!  If some are left after Christmas, I will buy more when they go on clearance!

5 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty. I need to see if we have a Dollar Tree near us and check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do that! Quite likely there is a Dollar Tree within a reasonable driving distance. We used to have to travel a half hour to 45 minutes to visit one, but now we have a Dollar Tree in our town, less than 5 minutes from our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I use these on serving plates under cookies and cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that the Dollar Tree has these this year! I like using them on cookie plates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Dollar Tree, Mrs. T., and am lucky to have one so close to me.
    All your slow cooker meals from your previous post sound perfect for this busy time of year. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!