Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Peppermint Mocha Cookies

 


 This is a new recipe for us as of this past Christmas.  Again, it was a case of my hubby (or it could have been me!) wanting to try a new and different cookie recipe.  Once again I turned to my trusty Christmas Cookie Exchange Pinterest board.  

 
And these Chocolate Peppermint Cookies from Ambitious Kitchen just jumped out at me, especially when I read about the option of adding espresso powder to make a peppermint mocha variation.  We both love peppermint mocha coffee and I know a good many other folks do as well. 

So I made the recipe as written adding the 2 teaspoons of espresso powder as suggested.  Wow!

Photo by Ambitious Kitchen

I did make the cookie dough balls smaller than specified, using about half the amount of dough for each cookie -- that is, 1 tablespoon of dough rather than two tablespoons.  (We like our Christmas cookies on the smaller side so we can fit a greater variety on our cookie trays.)

And I honestly can't remember at this point if I added the white chocolate drizzle or not.  I know I dipped them in the melted chocolate and sprinkled on the crushed candy canes.  I'm pretty sure I did add the drizzle.  

These cookies are scrumptious!  I would label them a quintessential Christmas cookie.  They've earned a place in our regular Christmas cookie list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!