Saturday, July 01, 2023

Come on into the Christmas kitchen!

 

Yes, once again this July, I'm swinging open the door to the Christmas kitchen, so do come on in and join me.  Mind the cobwebs, as there are sure to be a few.  Up until now, April was my last post here.

It's sad, but life has become so busy.  I'm not exactly sure why.  Just a lot going on, I guess.   

But here I am, and hopefully I'll be here each day in July.  I have a few posts written and scheduled, but many more will just have to appear serendipitously along the way.  

There will hopefully be recipes, vintage goodies and cookbooks, maybe some poems, memories,  crafts, and more.  

I used the scanned Christmas card as an illustration here because it so beautifully depicts a Christmas kitchen.  Notice that loaf of bread cooling on a lower shelf of the wood cookstove, the sweet enameled coffee pot, the bean pot and pie plate on the top shelf.  And a plum pudding on the kitchen table!

I love the saying: "Memories forever dear ... Holidays of yesteryear."  I have so many wonderful Christmas memories and they truly will be forever dear.

But even more meaningful, let me show you the original scan of this card  before I cropped it.

This is a card which my grandmother had transformed into a gift tag, probably for a bag full of kitchen gifts like her homemade hot cocoa mix.  I retouched the scan so you can't see this, but in green marker there was a to/from greeting at the top left, in my gram's inimitable elegant handwriting.

More treats in store in my Christmas kitchen!  See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card tag. Can't wait to follow you for CIJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been fun, hasn't it!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!