Monday, July 10, 2023

Vintage Holiday Feltcraft

 

Yes, hard as it may be for those of us in a certain age bracket to believe, 1985 is now vintage!  I found this booklet in clearing out the family homestead.  I don't believe it was ever used.  Yet it's a fun find and worth sharing here in my Christmas kitchen.  

Above are two of the ornaments -- Country Square ornaments 1 and 2.

And here are two of the cuter ornaments -- a sheep and a gingerbread man.
And here's a holly-trimmed doorknob hanger -- complete with jingle bells -- and a Christmas tree coaster.  The coasters would be fun to make, I think.
Above is pictured one end of a table runner.  Sort of a neat pattern.

Above, is a Joy, Peace, Love Christmas banner.  If I were to make this, I would choose nicer colors.  

In reality, I am not likely to craft from this book at all, since all of the patterns need to be enlarged to make them usable.  At this point in time I believe that life is too short to enlarge patterns.

There you have it -- vintage holiday fun with felt from Current Inc. circa 1985!  I'll be listing this in my Etsy shop soon.

2 comments:

  1. Presently making gingerbread felt men, so this is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is interesting indeed, Lucie. I love felt. It's such a great crafting material.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!